SALTS is the professional body for Speech and Language Therapists (SLTs) in Singapore. We serve SLTs, including students and support workers. We advocate on behalf of those with communication and swallowing difficulties. We represent the views of the profession and our service users to our government and other important decision makers. We also actively build bridges with other organisations whose agendas overlap ours. SALTS is your link to fellow SLTs around Singapore. Your support will enable us to raise the profile of Speech and Language Therapy. It will also help us to shape the development of policies that relate to Speech and Language Therapy.
SALTS represents the voice of the Speech and Language Therapy profession. As members, your views and experience count. Your membership fees pay for activities that strive to bring our profession to a higher level. These include maintenance of services, advocacy for service users, organisation of professional education events, and raising of professional standards. Your membership fees also enable SALTS to develop our engagement with governmental agencies, other professional bodies, universities, and charity partners.
The following are some of the benefits you may enjoy:
SALTS provides a variety of continuing professional education (CPE) opportunities. SALTS continually seeks tie-ups with external training providers in order to offer attractive member discounts for CPE events. As members you will be the first to be informed of any conferences and workshops in Singapore and the Asian region. You will also benefit from substantial fee discounts. Currently, members discounts include:
- Discounts for local speaker events
- Discounts for internal speaker events organised by SALTS
- Discounts for trainings and online seminars run by The Hanen Centre
- Discounts for workshops conducted by AWWA Resource Centre. AWWA Resource Centre intends on making knowledge and skills in special needs and learning disabilities accessible and affordable.
- Discounts for the following journals published by American-Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- American Journal of Audiology (AJA)
- American Journal of Speech-Language-Pathology (AJSLP)
- Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research (JSLHR)
- Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools (LSHSS)
- Discounts for conferences organised by regional Speech and Language Therapy associations as well as International Association of Logopedics and Phoniatrics (IALP)
- Tax-deductible membership fees
You may claim the membership subscription as a deductible expense when filing your income tax return, provided that you fulfill the criteria stated by the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore. You can find more information at: https://www.iras.gov.sg/irashome/default.aspx
- Professional Updates
SALTS provides regular updates on issues that matter to the Speech and Language Therapy profession in Singapore. Members are part of a mailing list that keeps you informed of the current trends in the profession as well as any changes that may impact your practice.
The association has five categories of membership:
Things to note:
- A one-time processing fee of SGD$20.00 is payable for first-time members in the Practising, Overseas and Associate categories.
- All membership fees are non-refundable.
- Please note that SALTS communicates with its members via email. All membership enquires should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do inform us of any changes in your personal and work details so that we can ensure our communication reaches where it should. If there are any changes, please email us at email@example.com.