How to access SLT Services

If you have concerns about communication difficulties and/or swallowing, consult your general practitioner (GP), who can then make the necessary referrals to the nearest or  most suitable service available. A referral is usually required to access services in hospitals and voluntary welfare organisations. Alternatively, you may  approach a private Speech and Language Therapy clinic or centre for an appointment.

For hospitals

Appointments may be made at any hospital with a Speech Therapy Department. Do check that the department runs services that will address your needs. Restructured hospitals will require a referral letter from a GP or polyclinic doctor. For services at private hospitals, contact the hospital directly for an appointment.

For private clinics and centres

No referral is needed. You may contact these clinics and centres directly.

For special schools and Early Intervention Programme for Infants and Children (EIPIC) centres

EIPIC centres and some special schools provide Speech and Language Therapy services for their students.

Please refer to the SG Enable website for more information on therapy services for children and youth. SG Enable is an agency dedicated to enabling persons with disabilities.

Please go to the respective sites for services for children and youths.