- This event has passed.
What is DIR Floortime: Is Floortime Worth Your Time?
September 18 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm$50 – $75
What will we talk about?
- What is the problem with labels?
- Differentiating core developmental problems vs secondary problems
- What is Floortime
- Why bother doing Floortime?
- Treatment approaches that are currently available and how they have fared
Who should sign up for this course?
- Speech therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Educators, be it, lecturers or special education teachers!
Naomi Wong, Senior Speech Therapist
Naomi is a speech therapist and a qualified DIR Floortime expert training leader with close to 20 years of clinical experience. She is currently working in the ENT department in the National University Hospital. Her passion is advocating for children with multiple disabilities and neurodiversity. Clinically, she sees a wide range of children ranging from those with hearing related disorders, language impairments, cleft palate and/or lip-related speech difficulties as well as Autism.
She believes that children are best taught through a developmental approach that is respectful of the child’s interest, thus empowering individuals to communicate effectively. She collaborates closely with families and professionals to jointly conquer these challenges.
- Date: 18 September 2021
- Time: 2:00 to 4:00PM, Singapore time
- Venue: ZOOM
- Ticket sales end on 6 September 2021 – early bird period till 13 August 2021
- Payment Mode: PayPal only
- Registration is only confirmed upon payment of the full fees.
- VCF funding is applicable / not applicable for this workshop.
75% of the workshop fee will be refunded if written notification of cancellation is received and a substitute can be found.
No refunds will be made if a substitute cannot be found.
Participant notes and ZOOM link will be sent out one week before the workshop.
SAOT/SALTS membership status will be verified on day of event.
Please note that strictly no recording of the webinar is allowed to protect intellectual property.
Any questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org