- This event has passed.
Symbol-based AAC: Skills & Strategies
January 15 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm$85.00 – $130.00
Sign up quickly – prizes to be won!
- Explore skills and strategies crucial for AAC success, using the following tools – TalkXpress, GoTalk 20+, and Proloquo2Go
- To share practical skills to support individuals who use the above AAC systems and other similar systems, such as Core Word Communication Books/Boards, QuickTalkers and AAC apps such as TouchChat HD, Avaz and Speak For Yourself
- This webinar is intended for speech therapists, occupational therapists, psychologists, doctors, and special education teachers/ teacher aides.
Deborah Yong, Speech-Language Therapist, Assistive Technology Professional (ATP) & AAC Specialist at Your Communication Matters (www.YourCommunicationMattersSLT.com ).
Deborah has practised in Malaysia and Singapore, providing intervention for individuals with speech, language, swallowing, and communication disorders in acute and community settings. Before returning to Malaysia in 2020, she worked at the Specialised Assistive Technology Centre (ATC), SPD, Singapore.
Deborah supports individuals with complex communication needs and their caregivers, teachers, and/or support personnel on integrating AAC systems into their natural environments to empower them to communicate effectively. She has published a manual entitled ‘AAC for Caregivers’ and was the winner for the 2018 ISAAC Lightning Pitch competition.
No of tickets available: 15
- Early bird SALTS member: $85
- Normal SALTS member: $95
- Early bird non-SALTS member: $115
- Normal non-SALTS member: $130
- Payment Mode: PayPal only
*Registration is only confirmed upon payment of the full fees.
* VCF funding is not applicable for this workshop.
- Registration will close once the maximum number of 15 paid participants has been reached.
- ZOOM link will be sent to participants 1 week before the event.
75% of the workshop fee will be refunded if written notification of cancellation is received and a substitute can be found. No refunds if a substitute cannot be found