- This event has passed.
Social Communication SIG: Resources and References
March 8 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm$20 – $40
We will put on our thinking hats, to explore together: The role of People Play, People Games and People Toys across the Life Span
We will explore:
- What is ‘people play and people toys’?
- What is the value of people toys/ games/ play to social communication?
- People never stop playing; what form does this take as a child matures to teens and adulthood?
- How could we fully utilise the value of people play, toys and games in our therapy?
We will look at a case study and discuss intervention goals and methods, in relation to people games.
Come prepared to share your favourite people games and/or toy.
Date: 8 March 2018, Thursday
Time: 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm (registration begins at 6:30 pm)
Venue: SGH, Speech Therapy Department
Cost: $20 for SALTS members, $40 for non-members (Note to SALTS members: Please log in before registering for the event.)
Registration Deadline: 5 March 2018, Monday
Please indicate on the registration form:
1. Which age group you are interested to explore? Early childhood, primary school, secondary school, youths or adults
2. Are you able to bring a people game or toy? Y/N
3. Can you share an article or book with regards to people games/ toys? Y/N
Please note that the event will be cancelled if we do not have sufficient registrants. We are also limited by the size of the room. Hence, please register your interest early to facilitate planning.
See you soon!
7 people are attending Social Communication SIG: Resources and References