McNeill Dysphagia Therapy Program (MDTP)
November 10 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pmFree
MDTP is a systematic exercise-based approach to dysphagia therapy in adults. Rather than a specific technique, MDTP is a framework from which to provide individualized therapy to adult patients. This one-day intermediate course introduces participants to the conceptual basis of MDTP, provides the results of initial clinical studies documenting functional and physiologic benefits from MDTP intervention, describes in detail the components of MDTP, and provides step by step instruction for the evaluation and treatment of patients receiving the MDTP approach.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to…
- Describe the components of MDTP therapy and differentiate this approach from more traditional therapy.
- Describe current clinical research supporting MDTP therapy.
- Explain how MDTP uses exercise principles to improve swallow function.
- Explain physiologic changes in swallowing that may result from various foods/liquids.
- Use specific clinical tools in the evaluation of patients for participation in MDTP therapy.
- Conduct MDTP therapy sessions and monitor patient progress and outcome.
For more information, please refer to the MDTP brochure.
Date: 10 November 2018, Saturday
Time: 9am – 6pm
Venue: Seminar Rooms T10-02/03, NUHS Tower Block, Level 10, 1E Kent Ridge Road, Singapore 119228
Trainers: Dr Michael Crary and Dr Giselle Carnaby
Course Fees (before GST): S$950 (by 30 Sep) | S$1,000 (after 30 Sep)
- Please indicate your interest to attend by sending us an RSVP below.
- SALTS members will be given priority. SALTS members will need to log-in to their membership account before registering.
- Wait for an email for further instructions. Do not make payment until further instructions are given via email.
- SALTS will inform you via email to acknowledge your intention to register as well as to inform if you may proceed to make payment OR if you have been waitlisted. Please note that your registration is only confirmed after payment has been successfully processed.
- After receiving an email confirmation from SALTS, you may proceed to make payment for the course fees to NUHS. Payment details will be stated within the confirmation email.
* Waitlisted participants will be informed by 31st of August about the success of their registration, after which they will be given further information regarding the payment details.
* NUHS members are kindly requested to direct registration requests to their respective departments.