Cognitive-Communication Course For Acquired Brain Injury (CCCABI) with Live Case Study Discussion
June 18 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am$999.00 – $1,200.00
• As a speech-language therapist you know the critical importance of communication and the many challenges faced when an acquired brain injury affects one’s ability to think and communicate. You may also be aware of the growing body of evidence to support our interventions in this field. However, busy clinicians may find it difficult to review and synthesize that evidence into practical interventions.
• The Cognitive-Communication Course for Acquired Brain Injury (CCCABI) is a course tailored for SLT’s that focuses on the cognitive and communication challenges we address as we assist those with acquired brain injuries in reconstructing their lives.
The CCCABI Course features:
• 12 modules that integrate clinical and research evidence from coma to college and career.
• 21 hours of on-line video lectures that you can take at your convenience.
• Comprehensive modules incorporating research evidence, clinical insights, and stories of those with lived experience of ABI.
• Course materials for each module including handouts with more than 80 slides, over 100 references, and practical clinical tools.
• 9 Modules dedicated to treatment.
• Pre-module and Post-module test and confidence assessment.
• Self-Evaluation Tool you can use to evaluate your skills, set goals for personal growth, evaluate students or demonstrate your quality assurance efforts.
• Certificates to demonstrate your dedication to continuing education.
SALTS Special Edition – Live Case Study Discussion:
• The participant is encouraged to complete the 12 Modules prior to the Live Case Study. The Live Case Study is scheduled for 18 June 2022, 8AM-9AM SGT.
Facilitator information/speaker profile:
Sheila MacDonald is an internationally recognized presenter, and researcher whohas developed standardized assessment measures, a guiding model of cognitive- communication competence, practice guidelines, and publications on evidence-based practice. Her courses draw on research evidence, insights from clinicians around the world, and the experiences of those with brain injuries and their families shared at bedside and kitchen tables in over 30 years of speech-language pathology clinical practice. For disclosure information, see the About CCCABI webpage.
No of tickets available: 15
• Early bird SALTS member: $999
• Normal SALTS member: $1100
• Early bird non-SALTS member: $1100
• Normal non-SALTS member: $1200
Payment Mode: PayPal only
* Early bird ends by 15 April 2022
* Registration is only confirmed upon payment of the full fees.
* VCF funding is not applicable for this workshop
• Access to the course will be emailed to you directly.
• ZOOM link of the Live Course will be sent to participants 1 week before the event. SALTS reserves the right to cancel, postpone or change the venue, date and time of the Live Case Study due to unforeseen circumstances.
• Participants must be qualified speech and language therapists and show qualifications at time of registration.
REFUND POLICY: There are no refunds allowed for this course.