Caroline Bowen: Sound Reasoning One-Day Workshop
October 12 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
“Sound Reasoning: Therapy Targets and Techniques for Children with Speech Sound Disorders”
About the speaker – Dr. Caroline Bowen
Caroline Bowen AM, is a semi-retired speech and language pathologist and author from Australia. She is a Senior Honorary Research Fellow in Linguistics at Macquarie University in Sydney Australia, an Honorary Research Fellow in the School of Health Sciences (Speech-Language Pathology) at the University of KwaZulu-Natal in Durban South Africa, Chair of the Industry Advisory Board of Speech Pathology – University of Technology Sydney, a Certified Practising Member of Speech Pathology Australia, a Fellow of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, a Life Member of Speech Pathology Australia, and an Honorary Fellow of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists. She retired from clinical practice in 2011 and since 2005, Dr. Bowen has been invited to present multiple CPD events across the globe. She was appointed a Member of the Order of Australia (AM) in 2018. She has qualifications in Speech Pathology, Speech and Drama, Family Therapy and a doctorate in Clinical Linguistics.
About the workshop
- Assessment procedures upon which to base treatment target selection choices
- Intervention principles for phonetically-based (‘articulatory’) error-types
- Intervention principles for phonemically-based (‘phonological’) error-types
- Intervention principles for motorically-based (CAS/DVD) error-types
- Treatment target selection within a range of evidence-based intervention approaches
- Rationales for and implementation of 8 traditional approaches to therapy target selection
- Rationales for, and implementation of, 8 newer approaches to therapy target selection
- Application of non-linear principles in intervention for syllable structure errors
- Application of complexity principles in treatment target selection
- Using facilitative articulatory contexts
Who should attend?
Student SLTs, novice and experienced SLT’s, and clinical educators are all welcome
Event and contact details
Date: Saturday, 12th October 2019
Time: 9am – 5pm
Registration starts: 8.30am
Venue: Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium
Price: Member $220, Non-Member $375
Registration online at www.salts.org.sg from June 1 2019 – September 1 2019
Limited slots are available. Check our website for deatils
Pre-registration required. No walk-ins.
Strictly no refunds of course fees.