Alternative and Augmentative Communication (AAC) for Professionals
July 17 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm$65 – $100
Early bird till 15th June
Registration closes on 13th July
- Learning Objectives:
- To give an introduction to AAC and populations requiring use of AAC
- To share practical skills to support individuals who use AAC
- To discuss case studies and share resources about AAC
- Participants: This webinar is intended for speech therapists, occupational therapists, psychologists, doctors, and special education teachers/ teacher aides.
- Facilitator information/speaker profile
Deborah Yong, Speech-Language Therapist, Assistive Technology Professional (ATP) & AAC Specialist at Your Communication Matters (www.YourCommunicationMattersSLT.com ).
Deborah has practised in Malaysia and Singapore, providing intervention for individuals with speech, language, swallowing, and communication disorders in acute and community settings. Before returning to Malaysia in 2020, she worked at the Specialised Assistive Technology Centre (ATC), SPD, Singapore.
Deborah supports individuals with complex communication needs and their caregivers, teachers, and/or support personnel on integrating AAC systems into their natural environments to empower them to communicate effectively. She has published a manual entitled ‘AAC for Caregivers’ and was the winner for the 2018 ISAAC Lightning Pitch competition.
- No of tickets available: 25
- Prices for
- Early bird SALTS member: $65
- Normal SALTS member: $85
- Early bird non-SALTS member: $75
- Normal non-SALTS member: $100
- Payment Mode: PayPal only
- Registration is only confirmed upon payment of the full fees.
- VCF funding is not applicable for this workshop.
- Date: 17 July 2021
- Time: 3:00 to 5:00PM SGT
- Venue: ZOOM
- *Registration will close once the maximum number of 25 paid participants has been reached.
75% of the workshop fee will be refunded if written notification of cancellation is received and a substitute can be found. No refunds if a substitute cannot be found.
Participant notes will be sent out 1 week before the workshop.
Please note that strictly no recording of the webinar is allowed to protect intellectual property.
Any questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org